Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Chicken 65



The New year started off pretty luxuriously (I still haven't got back to work-work kind of work).

Post Christmas I woke up to the fact that I needed a break. The deep-rooted relationship to my pathos came from the fact that I saw none around at my workplace. Arrrghhhh.... false promises of working hard to the year-end and then resting- making to the horizon and then breathing.

Picked up the phone and called up my travel-messiah. There was NEVER an occasion I wanted to holiday and WE couldn't. Akin to saying we could have gone to Sri Lanka (swimming) during the Tsunami and enjoyed a vacation- so minimal we can get when it gets to seeing around. The next half day went in traditionally calling and surfing around for shelter in the face of impossibility.
48 hours later I was packing at breakneck- floaters, lenses, sunscreen, brolly and very conveniently taking client calls saying I was on my vacation, exchanging sweet nothings about the new year. Telephony-roaming conversations are always very frothy. Leaves you high, well, not as much as in the past.

We gathered four more heads and shot off down under (well, the Indian style) by road. Hate as I do sea-side vacations, this locale is special as WE had discovered it in our 'rumba-and-thumba' style.
Beach ball- photography- food and light-writing kept us busy and the others happy over the weekend.
And well, here I am, trying to exorcise the travel-ghost off my back (and bag) and face the new year with a lot more vigor and punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment